Skip to content

March 19, 2013

Do you need a visa for travel to the USA?

by Jason Dutton-Smith
Destination USA!

Did you know you need a visa to enter the USA? An ESTA (Electronic System Travel Authority) must be obtained at least 3 days prior to travelling. Here is what you need to know.

The United States government mandate an ESTA visa be issued prior to arrival in the USA. If an ESTA is not obtained prior to travel then you may be refused boarding by your airline. It must be obtained at least 3-4 days prior to travelling for processing.

A simple on-line form is available with a small fee payable by credit card. The ESTA is generally valid for 2 years from nominated travel date and a certificate is issued as proof of purchase.

Once completed on-line, an email will be sent with a printable certificate which can be kept with your passport.

As each nationality may have different rules and requirements, be sure to check the ESTA website for the latest information.

Kick your holiday off right and be prepared for a smooth journey.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Note: HTML is allowed. Your email address will never be published.

Subscribe to comments

%d bloggers like this: